Book of Corporate Life
November 13, 2003
Today’s reading is from the Book of Corporate Life. Chapter 1, verses 1-15:
- In the beginning was the Plan.
- And then came the Assumptions.
- And the Assumptions were without form.
- And the Plan was without Substance.
- And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.
- And the Workers spoke among themselves saying, "It is a crock of shit and it stinks."
- And the Workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a crock of dung and we cannot live with the smell."
- And the Supervisors went unto their Managers saying, "It is a container of organic waste, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
- And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."
- And the Directors spoke among themselves, saying to one another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."
- And the Directors went to the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth, and it is very powerful."
- And the Vice Presidents went to the President, saying unto him, "It has very powerful effects."
- And the President looked upon the Plan and saw that it was good.
- And the Plan became Policy.
- And that is how shit happens