Cancer in the Air
August 20, 2004
Cancer is in the air it seems.
- My sister died of leukemia 30 years ago when we were children.
- My mother has had several bouts of breast cancer ultimately resulting in a radical mastectomy.
- My father produces two to three cancerous moles on his upper back and neck each year.
- My brother's oldest daughter was born with a neuroblastoma, which thanks to the diligence of her pre-natal doctor, was discovered in time to be completely eradicated.
- My 13 year old second cousin has just been diagnosed with a form of lymphoma and is starting chemotherapy.
- My wife is a survivor of breast cancer.
It’s in the air we breathe and the water we drink, and the stress we fail to deal honestly gives it birth in our bodies.
I’m just saying.