Bought and Paid For
July 04, 2009
Today I made the last payment on the 2001 Lexus LS 430 that is our primary car. Sometime next week I will call the Credit Union and start the process of getting the title sent to me. In the twenty-five years that I've been buying cars, this will be the first one I have owned outright.
Starting with a 1984 Pontiac Fiero, in February 1984, I have made payments on the following assortment of vehicles:
- 1984 Pontiac Fiero (3 out of 4 years payments made, traded in)
- 1987 Honda Prelude (4 out of 5 years payments made, traded in)
- 1992 Mazda Navajo (2 out of 5 years payments made, traded in)
- 1994 BMW 318i (leased) (all 42 monthly payments made, lease expired)
- 1992 Lexus ES 300 (nearly all payments made, traded in)
- 1999 Nissan Altima (1 out of 5 years payments made, traded in)
- 2000 Lexus ES 300 (3 out of 5 years payments made, traded in)
- 2001 Audi TT Coupe (18 out of 36 lease payments made, traded in)
- 2001 Lexus LS 430 (72 out of 72 payments made, owned)
Along the way I've also had three two-wheeled vehicles:
- 1986 Yamaha Riva 180 (fully paid for and stolen)
- 1988 Yamaha Radian 600 (1/2 paid for and traded in)
- 1988 Suzuki Katana 1100F (fully paid for, sold for cash)
Between the two of us, Sibylle and I now have a 1998 GMC Jimmy and a 2001 LS 430, both of which are paid for.
Time to start saving that monthly car payment for a rainy day.